Monday, June 05, 2006

Ultimate Obese

Last night, the boy and i switched the channel to TLC where we were immediately drawen to the screen with complete and utter disquist. The first story was about a 627 lb. woman and her battle with obesity. This was astounding indeed but what really blew our minds as we continued to watch the program was a story about a 1,100 lb. man! No kidding. This man was over 1,000 pounds. He laid there in his bedroom, couldn't roll over by himself, hadn't moved out of bed in 6 months (shit himself), ummm let me think what else...he was wollowing (is that a word?) in his own fat stretched skin. Oh and this will make you want to regurgitate...his skin had stretched to capacity and had literally popped and he had puss and fat oozing from his flesh. This had caused infection in his fat rolls and he had to be treated immediately. Problem is...no way to remove him from his home...he is too large...so they bulldozed a wall and had a crane lifted to the second floor. The EMT but together 5 back boards and it took 10 people to lift it onto the crane. Then he was lowered to the ambulance where he was put on a breathing tube b/c his lungs were collapsing due to the fat.

We continued to watch this story b/c i think really we needed to see it for motivation. Not that we are any where near a thousand lbs., well on our way, but we both need to start eating healthier. I have always been that self conscious girl...when i finally figured out that eating very healthy and working out (running) everyday makes me feel good about myself. In the last 9 or so years since i graduated high school, i have become less and less strict with my body/workout/eat rules and regulations. Working out used to be #1 main priority of the day as i would jump up at 5:30 a.m. for aerobics class #1. Well, now...i am lucky to step foot in the gym 3 or 4 times a week much less stay for 45 minutes. I just can't seem to make myself do it anymore. I can't explain it to you or to myself but i will tell you that if i don't change my ways...i will soon become a very very unhappy individual. I have concluded that hiring a trainer is the only route to take. I need assistance and some push. No pain, no gain. Just like the 1,000 lb. man that lost 500 lbs. If i had that much to loose i am not so sure i could attain my goal. But just like him, you gotta start somewhere, action must be taken. So i must take baby steps in my quest to take off this forbidden 15!

The race has begun and i am in last place!
posted by Miahart @ 1:24 PM |

1 comments

<< Home