Friday, February 17, 2006

Sadness and Tears

My roomate is devastated. Her heart is broken. Her mom is gone. Is saddens me to no end. Of course i have been thinking of her every minute since she got the call 2 weeks ago. I welcomed her home last night with a big hug. It's nice to have her back. Nice to not be alone in the apt. anymore. Its not nice to see her in this agony and grief. We sat down for her to show me the pictures she had collected of her parents love story throughout their 30 years. Pictures of them on their wedding day, on their honeymoon, when their first daughter was born. The tears start to roll down her face as she hands me the speech she read at the services. As i start to read it i felt it all so deep inside me, as if it were my mother. All i could think as i read the words that poured from her heart about their mother/daughter relationship was what it would be like if that happened to me. The first time since it happened i began to ball my eyes out. Tears of sadness, tears of pride for how well written this was. I look at her as a wonderful daughter, the rock for her sisters, and her dad, and a girl with a heart of gold.
All i can do is be there for her. A shoulder to cry on and friend to listen. I feel such sadness as i look into her eyes and see the hurt.
Thank you lord for my mother, for my healthy family. It has all been put into perspective and i am forever greatful!
posted by Miahart @ 10:52 AM |

0 comments

<< Home