Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend Review

My mom (Mela) came to visit this weekend. Sort of a last minute decision. Of course i get all stressed out before she comes, scurrying around trying to wash all the sheets, vacuum, finish all my laundry, fresh towels, and i was instructed i must have the porch spotless/dirt free/organized. Mela has a strange obsession with washing down porches with the water hose. For years she has been like this. Her favorite thing to do when she gets home from a busy day at the office, surprisingly, is to water down her back patio with a glass of vino. Call her wierd, i am used to it. So i make sure the porch is looking pretty...otherwise...we would have to wait to leave the abode until she got her hose fix with my patio. So...all was clean, ready for Mel.

We ate out, of course, every meal. Lounged at the beach on Saturday, got a pedicure in which my mom so graciously paid my tab...if i woulda known...i would have tacked on the extra hand and leg massage. James detailed my car as a gift. A quiting gift. It has been 23 days or so with no such nicotine. Good for me! My car looks amazing. Ate again Saturday night where my friend works. Watched lots of dateline, nightline, 60 minutes of TIVO b/c my mom is fascinated by this new kind of technology and we both love these cool entertaining news stories. Sunday we attended a very impressive church service. The message was about dads, their roles in a family and their impact on childrens lives. We ate mediteranean food afterwards and sat poolside to complete some soduku!

Finally, we were so excited to have Mel accompany us on our bike ride Sunday. This time we brought along wine and cheese and the buddy! Such a beautiful time of evening as we shared our little piece of California heaven. Good times. My mom loves James more than she has ever liked any of my boyfriends combined. It is truly touching to watch their relationship grow. JL even told me one night...he could live next door to his future mother in law. ahhhhh! What guy says that? Mine. B/c he is wonderful and fabulous and, well, so is my mom! There ya go!
posted by Miahart @ 3:25 PM |

1 comments

<< Home