Friday, June 09, 2006

He says the damndest things

My boyfriend is from Arkansas...he's a good 'ol boy. Just like i like em. But living here...just like i like it. He has so much of his upbringing imbedded in him...deep. Especially his accent. He is constantly saying the damndest comments and as they blurt out of his mouth i immediately envision blogging about them...just makes me laugh my ass off. But of course i can't remember what exactly it was he said when i actually sit down at the computer.

We are putting my clean sheets back on my bed this evening and i am always sort of throwing in a lesson...such as...this is how the bed is made...the corners tucked this way...the pillows in order this way...and so on. So tonights lesson is how to insert the comforter into the duvet. This is the conversation:

me: ok babe...i am going to teach you how to do this right...its very important you learn this task...as you will be performing it often...this is a duvet cover...also called a "duvet." i don't think that word is in your vocabulary so i will spell it...D-U-V-E-T...so baby...how do you say that word in arkansas?

him: D-UUU (do) V-E-Y(they)...as in do they?

me: perfect honey...so when i say do they needs to be washed...you will know exactly what i am refering to!

then he throws me on the freshly made bed and he falls on top of me cackling!
posted by Miahart @ 6:39 PM |

0 comments

<< Home