Monday, July 31, 2006

Move This

I am never inspired to write until i have a glass of wine and relax at night. At work, call me worthless. My mind is elsewhere.

This weekend was pretty jam packed. If you mind, i feel like sharing. First off, i was so low stress about the moving situation and just wasn't in any big hurry. Neither was he. Saturday we managed to pick up some much needed necessities at ZGallery, Pottery Barn, and Ikea. I found some steals and i am damn proud of it. Well got away with one but we can claim that as ours too. I spotted a coffee table at Pottery Barn as we were grabbing some throw pillows. That red sign caught my eye. I took a closer look and it was marked down 3 times to a final $99. I snagged it. Got to the register and they asked if i cared if they marked it down to $73. Are you kidding me? Do you wanta make our day? So we were off to Ikea. Left with just what we needed, nothing more, nothing less. The retard checker neglected to ring up our cool new art. So that total was less $79! Sweet! Spent the rest of the day setting it all up and then we were off to babysit for one of my boss's kids. Well they are actually babies. First boy is almost 2 and the newborn is 2 months old. Oh how happy, happy, thankful, thankful we were to have cold cold a/c blowing on us all night long. Fussy baby but perfect, wonderful 2 year old. Highlight of the evening was when i left the newborn with JL while i went to the bathroom. I came back, and he is flipping out..."he is throwing up babe...all over me!" I accessed the situation...he was merely spitting up. Oh shit does he have a lot to learn. When they got home from dinner...we had them both tucked in...silent. We made our way to the back patio, over looking the amazing view of the pacific, cocktails, and guitar. I have one hell of an office group!

Sunday we totally slept in. Way late! Probably b/c i awoke at 5a.m. with the worst cramps of my whole life. I laid there in total complete hell for 2 hours until my advil finally kicked in and i was able to fall back asleep. I was shocked he slept that long. We had plans to help move one of my neighbors. Ahhhhhh! We rushed over, as i flung some chairs and cushions, JL lugged the big stuff and we were done in a jiffy. Ready for our move.

So we managed to move a small portion of JL's belongings over to the apt. but we did in fact accomplish buying a bed for "his room"/guest room and then lost it in the process. Ya, no lie. The damn box spring went flying out of the bed of his roomates truck as we were cruising down a busy street. Almost home too. We made a U to go back and retrieve but the fucker had been run over...bad...and was demolished. So now we only have the mattress top. Sweet. What the hell are we going to do with that. We not only looked like some serious white trash...we had a great laugh out of it. I could hardly get him to carry it inside. He wants to chuck the damn thing all together. It was only $25.

So that was our weekend. Not sure where the mattress karma came from since we were good samaritans and moved someone and babysat for free!
posted by Miahart @ 6:19 PM |

6 comments

<< Home