Friday, July 21, 2006

Don't try it, you might like it

Ever since i can remember my mom would repeat this phrase to us..."don't try it, you might like it."

Being the cool mom that she is...she has always been very open about drugs, our family drug problems, sex, pre-marital sex, alcohol, our family alcohol addict problem, etc. I have always heard her say that she is so glad she "never tried it, b/c she might have liked it." That applies to everything but wine! This is something i adopted through my years as a teen and twenty's. Although, when it comes to things unrelated to alcohol...'phrase not apply.'

In the last 6 months a very great friend introduced me to her wonderful 'bikini waxer.' The one you go to and say..."take it all off!" And you feel so comfortable with her. Even in your butt crack, lying on all 4's, as you discuss the latest celeb wedding, or her recent art show. I became addicted. That silky smoothe...EVERYTHING~! I should never have tried it...

In April my wonderful waxer introduced me to something she has found a great blessing...hair extensions. Now people...we are not talking those gody, nasty, bumpy, obvious long hair...we are talking these for just volume. My waxer and i were both blessed with incredibly thin hair. When you try and make this thin hair look somewhat full and voluptuous...you fail...miserably. So this option...i was a prime candidate. My hair matches perfect. Just look. It is truley amazing. It just looks better. Bottom line. I don't try and fake it all out and make my hair long stringy curls. It is just an enhanced me. So this...i have become addicted to. Addicted to....to the point of giving up my weekly pedicure, my monthly wax, dinners out. I had to give up this month and i am not a happy camper about it. But i realize the web i have weaved.

I vow, right now, on this blogger, to not try any new beauty/facial/pamper treatment for fear...I MIGHT LIKE IT!

i had my hair extensions replaced today. i feel like a new me. problem is...i have to get my hair highlighted in 2 weeks. i have become a glutenous pig to the cali look! not that i wasn't before i lived here...but i really am now. dammit! i am so down on myself. it almost doesn't make me feel better b/c i feel guilty, and broke.
posted by Miahart @ 7:43 PM |

1 comments

<< Home