Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Rejoice

Today is a good day. It is mild, breezy, low 70's and i took the day off...

I need a day to just get some stuff done. The carpet steam cleaners are here doing their magic and holy smokes it looks like new carpet. I took buddy on a run so we were out of the "techs" way. I felt alive again. Like i had some time to myself. Time to listen to the birds chirp, time to stop and let Romeo do his meet and greet with the 4 other canines on the back bay and allow him to chase the lizards at 100 mph...watch the kayaks on the bay, look at the roses in full bloom. It reminded me of this time last year. I was recently unemployed. It was a horrible, terrifying feeling but at the same time i was able to just be me...spend time with my buddy, clean, lay out. This time of year is my very favorite.

We are headed over to Mags in a few. Bringing lunch over so we can sit poolside while the dogs run like wild puggles.

I am thankful for this day. Thankful to be alive, healthy, and employed with the ability to utilize a free day.
posted by Miahart @ 12:06 PM |

1 comments

<< Home