Monday, March 27, 2006

Texas, Mexican Style

After returning to my desk this beautiful Monday morning in SoCal, i am inspired to express with you the happenings of the weekend away.
Arrived in Houston, Texas. Immediately became aware of the not so beautiful surroundings. Big oil trucks, hurricane Katrina evacuees everywhere, humidity at its finest, but also a sense of the southern/midwest kinda almost back home again feeling. As much as i love the land of the luxury here in Cali, i also love the feeling of the welcoming Texans. "Texas IS for lovers."

"Big" and i shared long talks, many doggie belly rubs and doggie stories, performed our expert decorating skills (or i did) and ATE some sort of MEXICAN at every meal.
mexican flare in texas:
*saturday a.m. breakfast consisted of migas. for those of you that have never heard of migas. let your minds wonder. if you do in fact see this on a menu (you never will in socal) then for god sake...order migas!
*saturday p.m. dinner consisted of the real deal mexican food...chips and salsa, guac, queso, enchiladas and of course margarita on the rocks with salt and uhh extra shot of tequila. go ahead and do it the texan way.
*sunday a.m. breakfast was greatly enjoyed stuffing a extra large breakfast burrito, mexican style of course, into my ever so large mouth and growing belly.
*sunday p.m. dinner, chipotle! had to end the weekend right with a burrito bowl topped off with a large scoop of guac. yum! this has become J and i's sunday night ritual.

I was picked up at the airport by my two boys, a perrier bottle filled with a fresh picked pink rose, romeo screaching and squeeeeling with excitement and a lovable kiss. Romeo immediately began to prove to me how great his weekend was with daddy as he let out the most deadly smelling fart. The conversation went like this:
me: what in the hell did you feed him honey? (he has a sensitive stomach)
j: oh well you know honey he has to have whatever i have
me: how much of what you had?
j: well he told me he wanted his own serving of bfast and dinner
me: what the hell did you feed him
j: honey, he is fine. just a little eggs and well don't worry about it.
me: oh great so he is going to be sick!
********3 hours pass and he continues to pass gas**********
j: oh babe, maggie came home today and asked me if i had a soft spot for feeding the dogs people food.
me: why did she say that? was she farting too? (she has a very hard stomach. she once ate an entire pack of my cigarettes and didn't even puke)
j: well feile walked in with her belly dragging the tile floor
me: what?
j: well feile couldn't be left out either. she got a plate of sausage, eggs, toast too.
me: you fed them all that? you have got to be kidding, right?
j: well, no actually i am not.
********for the next 30 minutes i proceed to explain to him romeos stomach******
me: hey babe...want some ben and jerrys brownie ice cream?
j: oh ya babe...sounds great. get romeo a spoon too. he likes that stuff.
me: what? you fed him chocolate?
j: that is a myth that chocolate kills dogs.
me: babe...myth or no myth...don't feed his ass chocolate...that is an order!
*******as i turn my back to grab the remote i notice j feeding romeo a large spoonful of our ice cream*********
me: babe! we are fighting. no more people anything for romeo. he is going to be sick. then you will have to get on your hands and knees and pick up his throw up and rock him to sleep.
*******i put away the ice cream*****

so it is no wonder the damn spoiled ass puggle loves daddy more than me-as his belly reaches the floor, the smell of barf fills the room and you see j on his hands and knees scrubbing the carpets while i snooze my way to a full stomach of mexican and ice cream!
posted by Miahart @ 9:21 AM |

0 comments

<< Home