Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fishy Story

So yesterday i was talking to my boss's wife and she asked what i had put in the large vazzzes (vases) that she bought for our office. I told her not a whole lot. One is way too big for anything such as flowers or even fruit. She mentioned make one a fish tank. I got all excited with that great idea and ran with it. So my excuse during lunch to not workout was that i needed to go buy a fish for our huge vazzzz. I decided on a little goldfish, i would have prefered 2, so that they could have a friend...but...the fish guy at petsmart talked me out of buying 2.
I walk to the counter holding this bag of water and a lonely little goldfish. For some reason it gave me the creepy crawlys inside. Much like the feeling of seeing a dead rat in a trap. Just ugughgh wierd and gross. And yes, this fish was all happily swimming around in the water in the bag. I just had this eeery feeling. I put him in the floor board of my car. When i got back to the office i filled the vaz with huge liters of fiji water. Deemed fiji would be better for the little guy even with neutralizing the water. So i did what i was told. Let the drops soak in the water, etc. etc. while the fishy rested in a cup. Before i left the office i transfered him into the huge vaz, his new home. I had a hard time pouring him in there. Just thinking of the poor stress of being splished and splashed from here to there was sad to me. I mean come on he is a damn fish. But something about it was just wierd to me. I hadn't gotten used to this fish idea and so his new home was in the conference room instead of my office. I didn't think i could look at the lonely fella with no friend.
So as i pouring away liter after liter of fiji water into the vaz our CFO walked in. "What are you doing? Wasting all that water...expensive water?" I of course explained i had bought a fish and i thought fiji water would make the guys life better. So he laughs it off and walks off.
This a.m. he walks into my office, CFO, and says...."your fish is dead." and yes i have been at the office for two hours this a.m. and have not gone to check on the fishy. My reply is this..."i knew i was going to kill that fish." I did. I just had this feeling i didn't do something right.

So get this...my creepy eeery feeling got worse. I felt really really bad for disturbing this fishes life and killing it. I mean it was my fault. So i didn't have the heart to go pour it out and flush it. I had our CFO do it. I think he might have cringed just a tad to be pouring all those galloons of fiji water down the toilet.

Poor, poor fishy. I don't think i am going to try it again. I am not a fish person. I can take care of a dog better.
posted by Miahart @ 9:28 AM |

0 comments

<< Home