Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Molly the Maid and Holly the Homemaker

It has been a while since i blogged. Ho hum. Not that i have nothing to blog about...i do...lots...i actually randomly mentally record happenings and thoughts throughout my oh so exciting days to blog...but haven't actually done it. Mostly b/c i don't have the energy to put it into words b/c i suck at it. Lets face the facts...i am a horrible writer. These professional mommy bloggers and the such make me look like a disgrace and really should do it as an occupation, or maybe they do. Ok back to me. Basically this is my journal, so if you want to read this...suck it up...i am not a pro blogger.

This weekend i played the role of Molly the Maid and Holly the Homemaker. Lets just say...our apartment is a project, my #1 priority in life right now. Granted it is an apartment...whatever. I have always day dreamed of what i wanted to do to the apartment and what i envisioned it would look like without my roomates stuff there. Finally, i get to do it my way. Our way. I am constently asking JL his opinion and what to do with this and that and mostly his response is "honey do it however you like it"..."its a girls thing." Its actually nice to hear that after my last 2 live in's...they both had their own way of doing things and insisted we use their furniture for the master, their hand-me-down dishes, so i feel lucky this is his response but i really do want his help. So i have had to remind him on a regular basis...hey...i want your opinion. B/c we like the same stuff, envision it the same way, similar tastes and opinions on how things should look etc. We are a great team.

So back to this weekend. I got down and dirty, maid style. I put on my rubber gloves...took everything out of the refrigerator and soaped it all up...reorganized our condiments. JL took on the task of the cabinets. At one point i looked over at him and he was dripping...over re-arranging the cabinets. He got really serious about it. So i go to inspect his work and he has put all the dishes into a single cabinet to the right of the sink. A SINGLE CABINET! I took one look at it and it reminded me of my best friends moms home...pak ratish. So the other side cabinet was then filled with our food, from our pantry. What? So then you look into the pantry and a whole entire section is completely empty. I didn't have the heart to make him change it. He had worked so hard on it. So what else did i do? I tried to vacuum and it wasn't sucking...I put him to the task of fixing it and he had to go all over town to find a new belt. Meanwhile, I dusted living room, scrubbed the bathroom on my hands and knees...threw away our old shower rack, dumped old shampoos, etc. etc. Bathroom done. Kitchen done. Vacuum done. Our place was looking clean but a few other things i need to do before my big comes this weekend.

Sunday we bought a new bed...cal king. It is lovely. Simple gigantic and i am having a hard time wanting to explain why its new home is in the guest room. Basically we don't have room for it in our room...Our room is painted and its cute. And i like it. And it lets in great sunlight and cool breezes. The guest room just so happens to be the master. It is blocked from natural sunlight and therefore...breeze...terrible circulation. I have never cared for that room...although it is significantly larger. So our guests will get to feel like royalty when they stay over. And all my friends know how i am about my beds...they are comfy...and down filled...and everyone envys them...so go ahead...and ask to come stay with us. One problem...i have not purchased bedding for this new huge monster. I want to get it online...i don't have time to go fuck around at the mall...but then shipping time...ahhh! I hope it gets done...the way i want it...before Big gets here. I already got a quilt on ebay in tan. I don't even think i got a good deal on it. I found the bedskirt i want. So much for making this room sooooooo cheap. We also purchased some side tables from target on Sunday...and i really like them. We need wall decor, euro shams, king shams...i already bought a featherbed and fitted sheet. So we are making progress. I am going to bid on some great lamps on ebay...

I know you can't wait until the finished
posted by Miahart @ 1:16 PM |

1 comments

<< Home