Friday, October 06, 2006

Cruising down the street

I have always hated the radio...mostly b/c of commercials. So when satellite radio made its debut, i went out and bought myself one of these little suckers right away. It was just what i had in mind...something that i could listen to anything and everything, commercial free, and its mobile so i could take it to the gym. I dropped it on its face a couple times, probably b/c it weights as much as a brick, and so the screen was completely black but i could still use it...remembered my channels. This thing was perfect for me since i can't imagine joining the rest of the mass population who have an ipod and i can't fathom downloading and messes with all that bs that you have to do with the ipod.

I am not quite sure what exactly happened with xm satellite but it began to have commercials and not just a million commercials but a million commercials of the same damn advertisement....the ad i have permanently stuck in my mind, for the rest of my life...oreck vacuum. Don't get me started. So i banned my delphi xm. It now sits lonely on my dash, broken and cracked....probably never to be used again. I need to cancel the service but i am just lazy i guess. So story goes as this...

No xm, no ipod...you sadly resort to the radio. In the morning i have adopted a routine of listening to Ryan Seacrest on kiis fm. And i don't even like this guy. He is annoying and abnoxious and sort of dorky although strange thing is...i really enjoying listening to him in the morning. He is entertaining and that is all i can figure out. They talk to celebrities and have "60 minutes of sleeze" and go on and on about dumb pointless crap in the world of hollywood and somehow my liking has gotten to the point of not wanting to exit my vehicle when i pull into work b/c i can't wait to listen to what is coming up...which is after the commercials. I even listen to the commercials so i won't miss whats coming up.

I must admit, right here and now....i am disappointed with myself.
posted by Miahart @ 10:17 AM |

1 comments

<< Home